Cooking: Please soak this rice for at least 12 hours before cooking. If it is cooked in a pressure cooker, then leave for 6 to 8 whistles. Please make sure that the cooker has enough water. Soaking water should be pure water and not salty water. Mixing: Please do not mix red rice varieties with black rice varieties. Red rice should be mixed with other red rice varieties and black rice should be mixed with other black rice varieties. If one would like to mix white rice with color rice, please mix in the ratio of 1/3 as white rice and 2/3 as color rice. Lab test: B&B Organics procure their products from certified farmers, B&B Organics periodically lab test their organic products to prevent contamination. This poongar rice is from B&B Organics. Health benefits (imprecise): A red rice variety that resembles “mappillai samba” if consumed during pregnancy leads to normal vaginal delivery it is good for pregnant women. Strengthens the body; even its husk is very nutritious and tasty. It induces appetite.
Health Benefits of Red Rice:
- A traditional variety of rice which is helpful in curing most of the women’s hormonal issues. Its a wonderful option for making soft idlis and dosas.
- This Rice is good for pregnant women and lactating mothers. It gives strength to the body. This rice kanji used for ladies during the pregnant time.
- A good source of zinc and iron more than other colored rice grains. anthocyanins are the color pigments contain anti-oxidants.
- Contains pro-anthocyanidins. This compound reduces high cholesterol and hyperglycemia in type- 1 and types -2 diabetes.
- Consuming red rice may help lower cholesterol. too much cholesterol in our blood can begin to build up in blood vessels. blocking the blood flow and increasing the risk of a heart attack.
- Iron in red rice contributes to the production of myoglobin and hemoglobin. Myoglobin and hemoglobin deliver oxygen to muscles and tissues keeping ours in high energy levels.
- High in fiber helps to reduce the risk of cholesterol cancer.
- Red rice is gluten-free and wheat-free, makes it consume for individuals with celiac disease.
- One serving of red rice contains 200 calories.
- Red rice contains 48 gram of carbohydrates and dietary fiber are 3 gram.
- Rich in dietary fiber also promotes a healthy digestive system and lower risk of heart disease and other obesity-related conditions.
- Contains 8% protein in 50grams[recommended].Diets low in fat prevent–t clogged arteries and aid in weight maintenance.
- Contains iron,manganese,phosporus,molybdinum,magnesium and zinc.
- No calcium and sodium.